Air Flow Meters
Works in conjunction with the ECU and the injectors. The Air Flow Meter measures the volume of air going into the engine and sends a corresponding signal to the ECU. The ECU then calculates the appropriate injection duration and sends it to the injector. Some AFM’s incorporate a temperature sensor.
- AFM’s are stripped to the component level.
- All parts, mechanical and electrical are tested to meet OEM specifications.
- Unit is assembled using known good parts.
- Simulator then runs AFM through all phases of operation.
- Spring tension, wiper position and CO screw are calibrated to OEM specification.
- Once the AFM meets all OEM specifications the unit is sealed and packaged.