Works in conjunction with the ECU and the injectors. The Air Flow Meter measures the volume of air going into the engine and sends a corresponding signal to the ECU. The ECU then calculates the appropriate injection duration and sends it to the injector. Some AFM's incorporate a temperature sensor.
1. AFM's are stripped to the component level.
2. All parts, mechanical and electrical are tested to meet OEM specifications.
3. Unit is assembled using known good parts.
4. Simulator then runs AFM through all phases of operation.
5. Spring tension, wiper position and CO screw are calibrated to OEM specification.
6. Once the AFM meets all OEM specifications the unit is sealed and packaged.