Works in conjunction with the ECU and injectors. The AMM provides the ECU with a signal representing the engine load. The ECU and injectors then adjust the fuel/air mixture ratio. The AMM adjusts to changes in the air mass, air temperature and altitude automatically.
1. All AMM's are stripped to the component level.
2. All parts, mechanical and electrical are tested to meet OEM specification.
3. Unit is assembled using known good parts.
4. Simulator then runs AMM through all phases of operation.
5. The AMM is then calibrated to OEM specifications.
6. Once the unit meets the OEM specifications, the unit is sealed and packaged.