Operates as a central processing unit. Reacts to input from various sensors and calculates engine control parameters accordingly. These include fuel delivery and timing.
1. Cases and cans are removed from electronics to enable complete and accurate visual inspection.
2. All visible damage to boards and components is repaired or replaced.
3. Unit is connected to in-house simulator.
4. Simulator then runs ECU through all phases of operation. Any operation that fails to meet OEM specifications is repaired.
5. Once the ECU meets all OEM specifications, the unit is reassembled, sealed and packaged.