Auxiliary Air Regulators
- The auxiliary air valve opens a cross sectional air bypass around the closed throttle blades to maintain an acceptable idle during cold engine operation.
- A precisely calibrated bi-metallic strip governs the cross-sectional area of an internal gate which meters the amount of extra air admitted to the engine during the warm up period. The bi-metallic strip has its regulating time governed by the use of a ceramic heating element.
- The auxiliary air valve is stripped to the component level.
- All parts, mechanical and electrical are tested to meet OEM specifications.
- Unit is assembled using known good parts.
- The auxiliary air valve is then run through all phases of operation on our in house simulator.
- The auxiliary air valve is then calibrated to meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- Once calibrated the unit is then sealed and packaged.