- The pressure sensor provides the ECU with an intake manifold vacuum dependent electrical signal as an indication of load. The signal influences fuel metering by altering the fuel injector pulse width.
- An analog electrical signal is varied as intake manifold vacuum changes the compression of two connected pressure capsules (aneroids) The two pressure capsules expand and contract as a function of the of the balance between manifold vacuum and atmospheric pressure.
- The pressure sensor is stripped to the component level.
- All parts, mechanical and electrical are tested to meet OEM specifications.
- The unit is then assembled using known good parts.
- The pressure sensor is then run through all phases of operation on our in house simulator.
- The unit is then calibrated to OEM specifications.
- Once calibrated the unit is sealed and packaged.